If you have a Sigma camera with a smaller-size APS-C sensor and SA mount, then the 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM from Sigma is an incredibly versatile lens that is a real jack-of-all-trades lens you can carry in any situation. With a focal length spanning from a wide-angle 18mm up to a 250 mm telephoto zoom, with macro capabilities to boot, Sigma’s 18-250mm could easily be your camera’s first all-in-one lens, or a great replacement for several smaller lenses that you’re looking to consolidate.
Sigma redesigned the optical and structural design of this lens in order to achieve a relatively compact size, at 4.0″ long, as well as a close minimum focusing distance of 13.8″ for macro photography. Their Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) construction maintains the structure of the lens, with little variation despite changing temperatures. The lens also incorporates a brass-made bayonet mount, to further reinforce the lenses durability and resistance to wear and tear over time.
The minimum focusing distance is the same throughout the focal length of the entire zoom range, and provides a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.9. As an added benefit over fixed focal length macro lenses, the size and framing of subjects can quickly and easily be adjusted by rotating the zoom ring. For even further convenience, at each focusing distance on the side of the lens barrel, the maximum magnification ratio is also displayed.
The 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM has been built with Sigma’s exclusive Optical Stabilizer (OS) function. This provides approximately 4-stops of effective camera correction, allowing for lower-light shooting, or greater sharpness in adequate lighting situations. This benefit is even carried into the macro range of photography, where the slightest bump or blur could easily ruin an image. This stabilizer is also adaptive to moving subjects, detecting your movement as you pan the camera and lens, offering effective correction there as well.
- equipped with Super Multi-Layer Coating to reduce flare and ghosting
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) to ensure fast and quiet auto-focusing
- The lens features a brass-made bayonet mount applied on the surface to reinforce strength for long-term use and enable high accuracy and solidity.
- THIS PHOTO4LESS KIT INCLUDES Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM for Canon Digital SLR Cameras 3 Piece Filter Kit (UV-CPL-FLD) 62mm Lens Cap Holder
- Camera & Lens 5 Piece Cleaning Kit 4 Piece Close-Up Macro Filter kit 62mm Lens Pouch Small – 5 Inches