Almost everyone has digital Still or Video camera. In this digital era, users face the common problem of accidentally deleting photos and videos from their cameras. Unlike a PC with a recycle bin, there is no undelete option that you can activate to recover the pictures.
The solution is to pick up some Photo recovery software that can help you do just that. The following six software are free and will assist you in numerous ways.
1. Geeksnerds Digital Photo Recovery Software – Is adept at recovering image files from hard disk drives, flash drives, and other storage devices which support the FAT file system. The software recognizes BMP, PNG, JPG, JPEG, GIF and Tif images. It has the ability to search within sub-folders. If you are pressed for time the search facility can be interrupted at anytime and the files displayed up to that point can be recovered.
2. AnyFound Photo Recovery – Supports recovery of many image types from Windows hard disk partitions and removable storage devices, but does not possess the ability to recover video files.
3. ArtPlus Digital Photo Recovery – This tool can recover images lost accidently or due to corruption of the memory card or even if the memory card was formatted. It can also read all memory cards available in the market.
4. Smart Image Recovery – This software supports OS Windows NT/XP/Vista/Windows® 7 and performs the common image recovery functions, including recovery from formatted media.
5. PicaJet Photo Recovery – Recovers deleted images from all media cards that digital cameras use.
6. MjM Free photo data recovery software – Recovers images from corrupted or formatted memory cards. However, it does not work if Windows does not recognize the memory card or the camera as a device.
Along with these, there are other free and paid software that cater to your needs of photo recovery. If you do choose to buy some software, always try before you buy to maximize your returns.